As the leaves change color and the air becomes crisp, there's nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked goods. These Smoked Cheddar & Bacon Cornbread Muffins are the perfect addition to your Fall menu. These muffins can be paired with chili, soup, barbecue, and so much more! In this blog post, we'll share a simple and delicious Smoked Cheddar & Bacon Cornbread Muffins recipe from Executive Chef Josie Urbick from Skagit Landing Restaurant & Catering!
Course: Quick bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Servings 12
- 2 cups Fairhaven Mill Yellow Cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups (340 g) plain yogurt at room temperature (can substitute an equal amount of buttermilk or half sour cream/half whole milk)
- 4 tablespoons (56 g) unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 egg at room temperature, beaten
- 4 tablespoons (84 g) honey
- 2 cups of shredded smoked cheddar
- 1 cup of bacon bits
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and grease a 12-count muffin tin
- In a large bowl, place the cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and whisk to combine well. In a separate bowl, place the yogurt (or buttermilk), butter, and egg, and whisk to combine well.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients including smoked cheddar, bacon and the honey. Mix until just combined. The mixture will be relatively thin (thinner if you used buttermilk). Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top, golden brown around the edges, and firm to the touch in the center.
- Serve immediately & drizzle with hot honey